The Pelvic Floor Center® is a highly specialized, state-of-the-art facility. It is one of the few centers of its kind in the United States to offer a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and the diagnosis of pelvic floor problems including care that ranges from advanced non surgical treatment options to surgical procedures. We are proud to have leading specialists in the areas of colon and rectal surgery and urogynecology to consult with you and help direct your care.
The Pelvic Floor Center® provides highly personalized care for over 2500 patients each year. As the largest center of its type in the country, we have established ourselves as a leading research center and referral site. By being a leader in researching new treatment options, the Pelvic Floor Center® can offer advanced treatment options and an individualized, comprehensive treatment approach to every person we see.
The Pelvic Floor Center® provides diagnosis, consultation and innovative care options for
- Accidental Bowel Leakage (ABL)
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary retention and other voiding dysfunctions
- Chronic constipation
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Rectal cancer
Although most of these disorders are not life threatening, these health issues affect a broad range of patients and can have a devastating effect on quality of life. We care for patients with conditions that affect the quality of their life. Because we are specialists, we are sensitive to the fact that this area of the body and symptoms may be difficult to talk about and embarrassing. We encourage you to share your concerns and symptoms, because there is no reason for your problems to go untreated. Our compassionate and dedicated staff work hard to minimize anxiety and obtain the best medical outcome for you.
Providing our patients with individualized quality care resulting in a personal comprehensive treatment plan
Providing the best patient outcomes through our dedication to a multidisciplinary approach
Providing advanced treatment options for our patients by establishing ourselves as a leading research center and referral site
Our Core Values
- Patient Experience - Providing the patient with excellent customer service throughout their entire encounter by servicing them with dignity and meeting their healthcare needs through sensitive and compassionate patient care
- Integrity - Communicating openly and honestly, building trust and conducting ourselves according to the highest ethical standards
- Teamwork - Dedicating ourselves to a multidisciplinary approach to patient care through the collaboration of multiple specialties
- Innovation - Staying open to new trends in healthcare, embracing change and valuing each other’s contributions to enhance efficiencies throughout our facility
Housed first at United Hospital and then at the former Midway Hospital, the center and its treatments continued to evolve; adding sophisticated ultrasound technology, expertise in biofeedback and increasing our participation in clinical trials.
In 2000, the Pelvic Floor Center® was established as a free-standing diagnostic center centrally located in Minneapolis.
In 2010, we moved to our current location. The awareness and needs of the community for this type of medical service propelled us to expand and develop into the premiere facility we are today under the direction of Dr. Amy Thorsen. The Pelvic Floor Center® continues to grow and expand its multidisciplinary approach to pelvic floor problems. In addition to our anorectal physiology expertise, we have expanded our services to include urogynecology and reproductive medicine.